The Clan Pringle Association
The Clan Pringle Association was founded on Wednesday 3rd October 2012, when leading members of the Pringle family met together and held the inaugural meeting of the Association in the Pewterers’ Hall in London.
Founder Members of the Clan Pringle Association:
- James W. Pringle of Torwoodlee, the 14th Laird.
- Sir Murray Pringle of Stichill, 10th Bart.
- James B. Pringle, Sir Murray’s brother.
- Alastair Pringle of Stichill, younger.
- Andrew Pringle, Sir Murray’s nephew.
- James M. Pringle (website owner).
Current Clan Pringle Association Executive and Trustees:
- Chairman – James W. Pringle of Torwoodlee, the 14th Laird.
- Secretary (also Clan Chief & Patron) – Sir Murray Pringle of that Ilk and Stitchill, 10th Bart.
- Treasurer – Mrs Priscilla Dorman (nee Pringle)
- Alastair Pringle of that Ilk and Stitchill, younger.
- Andrew Pringle (Sir Murray’s nephew).
- James M. Pringle, Clan Pringle Association Website Administrator and assistant newsletter editor.
- William Leon Pringle III, North America Representative.
- C. Derek Pringle, North America Representative and chief newsletter editor.
The Clan Pringle Association wishes to extend an invitation to all Pringles worldwide to apply for membership. Please follow the instructions below if you wish to join:
On Monday 18th March 2013 the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) became satisfied that the Clan Pringle Association had met the charity test, and entered it in the Scottish Charity Register. This means that the CPA now has charitable status under the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005.
“To connect our family worldwide; to share, research and preserve it’s history.”
- To raise the public profile of the clan and highlight the honour of the Pringle name.
- To promote Pringle history and to correct the errors of previous historians.
- To protect and preserve the historical sites that have been the home to Pringle’s throughout history.
- To conduct Pringle genealogical research and DNA research.
- To include the worldwide Pringle diaspora in the Clan Pringle Association.
- To provide a forum through which Pringle’s can contact and communicate with each other.
- The Clan Pringle Association and Board of Trustees was established, a mission statement was produced and Scottish charity status was obtained.
- A Clan Pringle Association North American Chapter has been established and is active and represented on the Clan Pringle Association Board of Trustees in Scotland.
- An authoritative website has been established which contains a great deal of information about the family, its genealogy, heraldry, branches, history, publications et alia.
- The foundations of Torwoodlee Tower have been stabilised and the tower is no longer in danger of collapsing.
- The Pringle Y-DNA Surname Project hosted by FamilyTreeDNA was established in 2009 and continues, now with 110 persons tested. Y-DNA testing shows that the family has four main branches, the most numerous being the Pringles of Stichill.
- The Clan Chief has been found through genealogical research and our DNA project. The Clan Chief is Sir Norman Murray Archibald MacGregor Pringle of that Ilk and Stichill, 10th Baronet.
Join the Association:
If you would like to join our association and be added to our membership please use the instructions below.Membership of the Clan Pringle Association is £15 per annum, per household.We have two methods of registering: